1/05/2010

Lovely Vintage Dress


My friend and I stumbled upon this beautiful 1950s gown at the Alameda Faire, it was just hanging on the racks next to other ordinary frocks. But THIS is anything but! I had to have it and after trying it over my outfit right then and there it was LOOOVE. People actually stopped to express their ooohs and ahhhs, even the men politely showed their appreciation!

AMAZING DRESS...



It reminded me of thefrock.com's Lanvin gown.

The Alameda Point Antiques and Collectible Faire was almost shut down this year. It is Northern California's largest antiques and collectibles show with over 10,000 customers... fortunately the community pulled in great effort to keep it alive!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing find! I really love the blue bows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sweet comment!!! hahahaha

    amazing dress!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I stumbled upon an awesome dress like that! you're so lucky for finding it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Aquamarines would make a great set of earrings to go with this, although I think a higher carat of stone ( with a more intense color) would do the ribbon better justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING!!! What a find. I'm so glad you scooped it up, or it would always have been "the one that got away".

    ReplyDelete